Friday 9 May 2014

TEMPTING FATE?


Is this tempting fate?? Maybe so. But I would only post here if it doesn't work out anyway, so why not share a little good news for a change eh?

So this little mess of black and grey was taken this morning. I am officially pregnant, and this time, there's actually a baby there. You see that blob? That's hopefully going to grow into a squidgy faced little bundle of sleepless nights and sore nipples, all going well :o)

It doesn't have two heads or a tail, don't worry. That second roundish looking thing on the right is the yolk sack, which is giving the little plum it's nutrition until the placenta takes over in a couple of weeks time. According to today's measurements I am 8 weeks 1 day, which is pretty bang on what I thought I would be so that's good news. That makes me due on 18th December...Christmas in hospital anyone?! I think there's something extra sweet about having a Christmas time baby. Yes, I know that it will probably get pissed off with people buying it one present for both Christmas and it's birthday but I solemnly swear that as it's mother, I will never do this :o) There, you have my word. It's James' birthday on the 21st December and my younger brother's on the 23rd so I wonder where this little squish will end up fitting into the equation. Beau was 5 days late and you can read more about that in my birth story post if you so wish. I warn you though, it's not for the faint hearted and is pretty long winded, so if you're going to brave it, stick the kettle on and grab yourself a slice of cake before you start :o)

I found out I was pregnant on the 10th April so I've known for what feels like an age already. This early scan today definitely helped to break it up but I have no doubt that it's going to drag until the 12 week scan, as it does for everybody. I am determined to document it more closely than I did with Beau's though because I really regretted not making more notes about what went on and when last time. So far, I have had mild nausea on and off since about 6 weeks. There is no particular pattern to it, and it hasn't been debilitating yet, just annoying. Some days I'll wake up feeling pretty darned rotten, and feel mildly rotten most of the day, some days it doesn't kick in until about 4 o clock in the afternoon and some days I feel just fine, today being a good day. I haven't actually been sick at all yet, though I have felt like I'm pretty close on occasions. I seem to remember it was pretty much the same with Beau, so maybe that's a sign of another boy..or maybe not. I'll make no secret of the fact that I would love love love to have a girl this time round, but it goes without saying that I would also be over the moon with another boy. Beau is hands down my favourite human being ever, so how could I possibly be disappointed with another one like him? We didn't find out the sex with Beau but we will do this time. I'll let you know in 12 weeks time! The other symptom I've had is boobs which are growing at a rate of knots, and are rather uncomfortable. Again, I had this with Beau. My poor boobs really took the brunt of it last time, and were huge and covered in bright red stretch marks before I was even 12 weeks. I remember going to the doctors as I had no idea that they could be stretch marks at that stage, and she looked at me with a look of pure sympathy as if to say "sorry love, they're fucked". I've forgiven them though, the stretch marks have faded an awful lot, and while my girls are never going to win prizes for the prettiest pair these days, they could be a lot worse, and we had a few good years before pregnancy wreaked her vengeance on them :o) Can you believe that I actually used to worry that they were "too pert"? Yes that's right, I was mental. Little did I know! 

Anyway, for now I guess that's all. I may import a post I wrote on a secret pregnancy blog I started writing last summer...we'll see.

Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE