Thursday 26 June 2014

RICHMOND SOUP


I had a recurrence of a weird symptom this morning that hasn't been as bad for a few weeks. It's the weirdest thing...shedding mouth tissue?? I've had it every now and then when not pregnant but I'm talking maybe once or twice a year. Pretty much from the minute I found out that I was pregnant this time, I had it  a l l  t h e  t i m e. I can't really describe it without sounding gross so I'm going to go ahead and sound gross. So I'll feel something in my mouth and when I go to see what it is, it's like this gooey white stringy stuff, sometimes slightly still attached to my inner cheek or lip. I told you it was gross. I know they say you get increased saliva production when you're pregnant so maybe it's linked to that?? I've googled it and can't really find much about it. I suppose I should ask my dentist, but I forgot to last time I was there and he charges the price of a small house for a consultation so I'll probably just assume it's ok and not worry. Like I said, it hasn't been nearly as regular in the last couple of weeks so I definitely think it's pregnancy related.

Moving on...
Last Saturday we went to Richmond to see my younger brother Matt and his lovely girlfriend Larissa. They have a new flat up there and it's just so lovely. Richmond is a very nice part of the world and we all came away thinking we would quite like to live there too. I had a quick nosey at rental prices and it would cost us about an extra £1000 per month to rent a house the same size as ours up there...so that won't be happening anytime soon! It's nice to dream though. Matt showed us David Attenborough's house...it's beautiful. No wonder he said it's his favourite place on earth.

I didn't take many photos while we were there but here is Beau perusing the menu at lunch like an old pro. 

 It went something like this "Fish fingers, fish fingers, fish fingers. I'll have fish fingers please" They didn't have fish fingers on the menu. Doh!


Anyhoo, go to Richmond if you haven't been there before.

As a side note...the morning we went, I realised my legs needed shaving as I was getting dressed but I couldn't be bothered to get back in the shower so I did them at the bathroom sink. NEVER AGAIN! Lesson learnt. If your legs aren't dripping wet, it's as good as dry shaving them. Hello razor rash and itchy as hell legs for two days! You'd think by the age of 27 that I might have learnt this lesson? 

Anyway, for the last few weeks, I've seen my beloved Chrissie Teigen raving about Ina Garten's roasted tomato and basil soup. In the spirit of being a complete follower and believing that Chrissie knows best, I thought I'd better give it a try. I dutifully looked up the recipe and gathered my ingredients, then finally got round to making it on Monday. Well, the soup was some kind of wonderful, but holy sodium poisoning! It was so overly salty! I knew Ina was partial to a bit of salt and I did think when I was doing it that a tablespoon of salt seemed like a lot for any beast, but I followed the recipe accurately and immediately regretted not using my better judgement once I tasted it. I will definitely be making it again but I will use half the quantity of salt, maybe less. 


Despite the saltiness, I couldn't not eat it all. And I enjoyed every drop. If you love a fresh, summery soup and you love basil (who doesn't) then give it a whirl, but take Ina's seasoning advice with...you guessed it...a pinch of salt.

I'm here all week :o)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE