Saturday 24 May 2014

HERE COMES THE SUN (DO DO DO DO)


We've been treated to a little sunshine of late, and it's so glorious. I'm not a total sun worshipper by any means (my oh-so-pale skin tone simply wouldn't allow for it) but it certainly cheers me up when the sun comes out to play. The ones above and below are some snaps I took of Beau in my mum's garden on Monday. I had a midwife appointment in the morning then we popped to my mum's afterwards and ended up staying the whole day. I know I'm biased as I am kind of his creator and all that, but my son is one handsome chap, if I do say so myself. I'm so jealous of his skin tone. He goes out in factor 50 and manages to get a tan, what is that about?


And talking of beautiful creatures, have I ever introduced you to my cats? This one with the ginger patches is Mia and the all black errythang fluffball is Indie. Mia is just the sweetest cat you could ever imagine. Since I got pregnant she has taken to sleeping in our room every night, which she rarely did before. She starts off her night curled up on top of my chest of drawers and then about 6am she will hop over to the bed and nestle herself up in front of my belly. Strictly speaking, our bed just isn't big enough for these shenanigans, but I can't bring myself to turf her off. It helps that she is so pretty. I think the ginger patch on her face looks like she is actually an all ginger cat wearing a black mask which has torn and we are seeing her true colour. Maybe I have spent too much time thinking about that, maybe not. I do love her though 


This is Mia's son Indie. I love him too but we don't have quite the same bond as Mia and I do. He is a bit more mischievous, and he bullies Mia for her food unless I am there to supervise and tell him off. He likes to lay stretched out across the landing at the top of the stairs and will have a little swipe at your feet when you step over him if he's feeling in a particularly beastly mood. He caught Beau out this way once and now Beau is too scared to step over him if he's there. Boys eh...


On Wednesday, Beau accidentally poked me in the eye really hard with his thumb as I was putting him in the car and he scratched my cornea. It was pretty horrible in all honesty, though that makes me sound like a total wimp. Mum took me to the minor injuries unit where they squirted some dye in my eye and gave me some drops. They said to wear sunglasses for a few days which made me look like a total douche bag (everyone who wears sunglasses indoors looks like a total douche bag, but sometimes it is medically necessary unfortunately) but luckily by the next day, the hyper sensitivity had decreased and I was able to ditch the shades. 

Beau has developed a real conscience about hurting people, and he got a bit upset when he realised what he had done. It was obviously a complete accident but I do appreciate that he gets extra snuggly by way of an apology :o) Cuddling up next to him as he falls asleep is one of my favourite things to do. No matter how much of a horror they may have been during the day, they always turn into angels when they sleep.


We had a play date at the park followed by lunch at Daily Bread in Rusthall with Emma and Coby on Friday. The kids were having a great time until Ivy spent too long on this little bike roundabout thing and made herself all dizzy! I shouldn't laugh but it was kind of hilarious...she didn't want to get off when the boys did and when she finally decided that she'd had enough, I lifted her off and asked her if she was dizzy, "No" she replied and ran off...5 seconds later she stumbled about like a drunk person for a little while before tumbling to the ground in a heap. I think she learnt her lesson about spending too long going round and round in circles then trying to run immediately :o)



I'm officially 10 weeks pregnant this week (the photo below is last week's) and so far, so good. I was getting a bit worried that all was not well as I stupidly took a pregnancy test (for artistic purposes would you believe) which came up with quite a faint line and I started panicking. I was strongly considering paying £60 for a private scan until my midwife pointed out to me that it would only bring me comfort for a short period of time, and given that I have no real reason to be concerned (no bleeding, no serious cramps, still getting on and off nausea, still got enormous ouchy boobs etc) it was a lot of money for what could be just a temporary comfort. Also, rather morbidly, I could have a scan, everything could be fine, and 5 minutes after I walk out the door it could all go wrong. So I decided to tough it out. I got my 12 week scan date through for 2 weeks time so that is something to look forward to. 

When I was pregnant with Beau I bought an angelsounds fetal doppler, against the advice of every medical professional ever. I managed to find Beau's heartbeat at 9 weeks 4 days. It wasn't an artery, it wasn't the placenta, it was a heartbeat, trust me. I got it out again this time round and I've been trying to find the heartbeat for the last couple of weeks, with no joy. I guess this has contributed to my concerns over everything being ok. Well last night I had a breakthrough after watching a youtube video on how to find it. I layed down in complete silence once Beau had gone to bed and started searching...after only a couple of minutes, there it was! Faint, which is to be expected at only 10 weeks and 1 day, but it was definitely there and definitely a heartbeat, YAY!! Fingers crossed everything will continue to go well, I'll keep you posted :o)


Love from me and my squidgy belly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE