Wednesday 5 February 2014

SAY WHAAAAAAT??


What's that up there?? Oh that's no big deal...just a Shake Shack in London...A SHAKE SHACK IN FUCKING LONDON!!

As a regular reader of the always wonderful Hey Natalie Jean I have read about shake shack for years. The girl would marry shake shack if laws would permit it, she  l o v e s  Shake Shack. And naturally, I was intrigued. I've been to NYC twice and it is hands down my favourite city I've ever visited, so I have every intention of going back. And I just thought, well, Shake Shack is on "the list" when I do.

So, I'm scrolling through facebook earlier this evening and I see that a friend of mine has been tagged in a location with the description "market research"...and yep, you guessed it...he's only at bloody Shake Shack isn't he!!


 So it turns out there is one in Covent Garden! That's an hour away from me on the train and I go to London a few times a year (more often than I go to NYC surprise surprise) so now I don't have to wait X amount of years to try one there, I can just take a hop skip and a jump up to the big smoke and get one! 

It has very mixed reviews online, I have to say. One (I'm guessing) American writes "Awful, Enough to make you want to leave London. Get someone from US operations over to sort out your woeful staff, flacid burgers and general sham. Nothing like the US" - Eeesh, not a fan then?!

But I couldn't give a crap. I'm a sheep, and I trust the rat (that's Natalie, for those not familiar with her) so I'm fully willing to spend £10-£15 on what might turn out to be a huge disappointment. 

I'll keep you posted on project Shack.

wuvvies x

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE