Monday 3 February 2014

A CHANGE OF PLANS


What a lovely day I've had! So the original plan for today was to look after Ivy & Beau, pretty much just mooch about the house, maybe go into town for a bit.

Well, that's not how it turned out! There I was at 7:45, snoozing my alarm until the last possible minute before Ivy got dropped off just before 8, when I look at my phone to see that my sister had texted me to say that she wasn't feeling too great so was having the day off work and keeping Ivy there with her. So that opened up my day to a whole host of possibilities. Not that I don't love having Ivy, but it's a lot harder to do anything with two toddlers: the double buggy doesn't really fit anywhere and is so cumbersome that I tend to just keep it low key when I have the two of them. But just Beau on his own? We can go anywhere...do anything (not really as he gets bored very easily but let's pretend that the world is our oyster ok?). So I decided that we would head down to Brighton for the day. Sure, it's almost freezing outside and Brighton is a seaside town (queue wind) but what the hell, we can cope with a little cold.

I texted my friend Toni to see if her and her somewhat beautiful baby Aurelia fancied joining us, and lucky for us they did! So we went to pick them up and all headed down to Brighton town (it's a city if we're going to split hairs) for a wander and some food. You see the photo at the top of this post? That's a cake...a mother fucking CAKE! It's part of the window display of the famous Choccywoccydoodah which is probably the UK's most famous cake shop. It had it's own TV show like USA's Ace of Cakes and everything. We didn't go in because the shop is tiny and you just don't take prams in choccywoccydoodah, unless you're that kind of person, you know?


Before we continue, I must quickly nip back to first thing this morning when I was getting my SON dressed, and he found one of my hair clips and insisted that I put it in his hair...isn't he just the prettiest thing you ever did see? If ever I am blessed with a daughter, I hope she looks every bit as beautiful as Beau does when he dresses up like a girl :o)

Anyway, back to business



First stop was Pho for a bit of lunch. Pho is a Vietnamese restaurant near the sea front and if you're looking for a fairly quick, inexpensive but yummy meal, I recommend it. Beau and I both had vermicelli noodles with chicken and peanuts and it was dee-lish. My bowl was  h u m u n g o u s  and it took me an actual million years to eat it, what with chatting to Toni too. I should have taken a photo but I'm not completely comfortable with taking photos of such things around anyone other than James. You see, none of my friends know that I write a blog, I'm too embarrassed they'll just think I'm a big old loser (like you probably do) but James already knows that and has chosen to stay with me, so I can geek out around him with gay abandon...I love that phrase. 


This mural is typical Brighton...crappy looking street otherwise...dirty walls, rubbish bags on the pavement...look up and bam, an amazing mural! There was another one I really wanted to take a photo of but I was too much of a wuss and was worried that my blogger concealing mask might slip. But I stole a photo of it from my friend gorgeous George so you could see it...look


isn't she pretty?

We indulged in a little retail therapy (is it therapy when you stress yourself out by spending money you know you shouldn't be??) in Zara and I bagged myself these new jeans and this scarf, modelled oh so wonderfully by yours truly in the changing room mirror. I'm not sure why I look so surprised in this photo, but there it is. I needed jeans to be fair as all my size 8's are too small since I piled all the weight back on and my old size 10's are too big as I think I stretched them out when I was really a 12 after having Beau. So I treated myself to a new pair of size 10's and they fit like a glove. My absolute favourite jeans are these lift & shape skinny jeans from next but at £45 a pop, I just can't justify them at the moment. Don't be put off by how gross they look on the website by the way. If you want to look like you have the peachiest, most pert bee-hind in all the land, those are the jeans you need. Someday I'll take a photo to prove it to you, but go and try a pair on and see for yourself. 

With this scarf I was channelling my newest style crush Blair Eadie of Atlantic Pacific blog. She has a similar one, also from Zara and I fell in love with it when I saw it in this post of hers. It's the softest thing I've ever felt in my life, and I can't wait to wear it to death and look nowhere near as cool as Blair does in hers.

Excuse my huge awkward hand in this photo too, I really need to practise mirror selfies (or do I???)


In H&M, I also tried on these faux leather jeans and kind of fell in love with them, but talked myself out of them and now I'm regretting it. Well, I'm not because I can't afford to buy something I probably wouldn't have the guts to wear, but they were really fun and I definitely want/need them. Hmmm...

So that was my day. I should have taken a crap load more photos as Brighton is beautiful and full to the rafters of photo-worthy sights but I didn't. I think I'm going to have to go back with my DSLR soon, yay!

Goodnight my pretties 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE