Monday 27 April 2015

THE GREAT BUNK BED SEARCH

Once upon a time, I gave birth to a tiny baby boy named Beau. OK, he was never that tiny. He came out weighing a "healthy" 9lbs 7oz (ouch)! That not so tiny baby boy is now a great big three year old who is fast outgrowing his cot bed, and what with his baby brother also growing at an alarming rate, I need to start thinking about the next step for Beau's sleeping quarters so that Ettie can move into the cot.

Initially I had set my sights on this fun little canopy bed from Ikea 



While visually it's exactly what I'm after, it's about as practical as high heels at the gym. Not least of all because its the same size as Beau's current bed. Also, James is currently sleeping on the floor in Beau's room when he's not in Oxford, so it would seem sensible to get a bed that he can sleep in too.  That got me to looking at bunk beds. I really like this one from Bunk Beds World



I was pretty much set on it, until I happened upon a post from my beloved Hey Natalie Jean in which little Henry "Huck" Holbrook gets a new bunk bed. Not just your average bunk though, it's a single over a double, PERFECT! Why didn't I think of that? It's perfect for James to sleep in (at 6ft 2 I doubt a single bed would be too comfy for him) and it means that if ever we have visitors who want to stay over then we actually have a bed to offer them! Mum, if you're reading this, that means you :o)

So in the spirit of only allowing white furniture into my house, you can probably guess what kind of bed I want. I've got my eyes on this one , again from Bunk Beds World. With mattresses too it's £569.98 so all I have to do now is hope for a miracle so that we can afford it! Joking aside, I am trying to think of creative ways to raise the funds. Selling his current bed isn't an option as Ettienne will need that until he's big enough to join Beau in the bunks. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! 



Over and out :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE