Thursday 18 September 2014

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY BEAU!

I have a three year old! How the hell did that happen?!

Can you believe that this gorgeous little lump of squidge is THREE? I can't. It only seems like last week that I was still pregnant with him, and his birth feels like yesterday.

So it was his actual birthday last Wednesday and I initially thought that the day itself would be a rather low key affair. I stayed up late the night before, wrapping his presents, putting up some decorations and finishing off a jumper which I had knitted him. I had a bit of a nightmare with it, in that after sewing up the seam of the neckband, I discovered that it didn't fit over his head, whoops! So I had to make a little last minute alteration and unpick the seam and add a button onto it instead. This is the jumper...could it be any more of a disgusting Christmas jumper? It's wonderfully horrible, if I do say so myself :o)


Its saving grace is that it is made from the wonderfully soft Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran so it wears like a dream.

Anyway...here are a couple of snaps of my beautiful boy opening some pressies on his birthday morning



We then had my sister & Ivy and our friend Emma & her boys round for a play and some birthday cake


One of the best things about having a child is that you get to buy Colin the Caterpillar cake and eat most of it :o)

The day got a little crazy later on, with a million people all turning up at once and I'd be lying if I said I dealt with it like a pro and didn't let it stress me out. Come when you say you're going to come people! This pregnant lady does not enjoy an unexpected evening of playing host and not getting to sit down!

Beau was completely pooped bless him, and fell asleep on the sofa which he NEVER does unless he's ill these days...bless his little cottons

 Yep, he's 3 and he is still as attached as ever to his dummy. That bad boy will be in his graduation photos at this rate...

So anyway, when James came back at the weekend he obviously wanted to do something to celebrate Beau's birthday too. Our local steam railway had a super cool sounding Fireman Sam day on, so we were all geared up to go but the birthday boy himself just wasn't interested at all! He would not get dressed to go along, so in the end we gave up on that idea and went out for a late lunch when he eventually stopped behaving like a teenager and got out of his PJ's. We went to the Rose & Crown at Riverhead and had a really yummy, really reasonable lunch.

 Maybe I'm biased, but I do think that he is the most beautiful creature I have ever laid eyes on, this boy of mine

 While we were eating lunch, James made the mistake of stealing a piece of Beau's bread off of his plate, while he wasn't looking. He had asked for a piece and Beau had said no...silly James took one anyway. Next thing you know, Beau is having a meltdown so James tells him that a bird flew in and stole the piece of bread. Not as silly as James took him for, Beau starts asking questions about this cheeky bird, which meant that when we went out to the car, we had to actually go and find a bird's nest to show Beau and palm it off as the nest where the cheeky bird took the bread back to, to feed it's babies. It was all rather sweet :o)


 To round off the birthday celebrations, we had some of my family round for a little party on Sunday. I cooked a big (but not big enough apparently) pot of Chili con Carne and then we had a billion different kinds of cake for pudding. All in all, it was almost a week of eating far too much indulgent food which has left me feeling like a ten ton Tessie! It was worth it though, my boy had a great third birthday, and you only get one of those.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE