Sunday 27 July 2014

19/40

19 weeks pregnant! Who'd have thought it? The time really is flying far too quickly and I would very much like it to slow the heck down please. Not that I want it to be, but financially speaking, this may well be the last pregnancy for me and I just want to savour every moment of it.

I know that a lot of women get a really rough time of it in pregnancy, and not to sound like smug sally over here but so far I've had it pretty darn easy (with Beau too) and I love pretty much every second of it. It's such a cliche but it really is the most magical time, and while obviously it comes with it's downsides, the wonderful moments are abundant and if you can't stop and smell the roses and enjoy pregnancy for the wonder than I feel for you, you're really missing out. For example, we're having something of a heat wave here at the moment and the temperature has been in the 20's every day for quite some time. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have looked at me with that ear to shoulder pity look and said something along the lines of "So how is it being pregnant in this heat? I bet it sucks right?". Maybe it's just because I'm not all that huge yet but I don't think it sucks at all! I'm loving this weather so much. Getting outdoors every day and seeing my usually pale skin turn a delicate shade of "toasted" is brilliant for the serotonin levels and if it gets too hot you just find some shade! Jeez people, I'm pregnant, not terminally ill.

I started feeling the baby move a couple of weeks ago (at 17/40) which is pretty cool. I don't feel it a huge amount yet and it's still pretty faint, but it's reassuring to feel those little flutters. And I won't have to call baby "it" for much longer either! This week we have our 20 week scan so in less than 7 days I will know whether Santa's Little Helper is an Arthur or a Martha. Haha, we're not actually using those names but I do rather like Martha :o) I've made no secret of the fact that I do have a slight preference towards having a girl, purely because this might be my last baby and I would love one of each. But obviously I'll be equally as thrilled with a healthy baby boy. I literally couldn't love Beau any more if I tried, so another little him would be nothing but a blessing. I don't really understand why some people think it's so awful to have a gender preference? I'm not saying I would be disappointed with a boy, I would be over the moon, it's just a preference. It's like choosing pudding from a dessert menu. Yes, I would prefer the banoffee pie, but the sticky toffee pudding would be completely delicious also. I know some people are a little more cut throat about it than that and are actually genuinely disappointed with one sex or the other, but for me it's just not like that. My name is Katie and I would like to have a daughter at some point...so shoot me.

Moving on...a few friends of mine are either pregnant too or having babies at the moment so my knitting needles are working over time and I'm loving it! My friend Emma is due this week and I knitted her a couple of little bits for her baby shower a couple of weeks ago. 



I've made this nappy cover a couple of time before but this time I added the leg bands so that hopefully it covers the actual nappy a little better.Oh and the "E" is her baby's initial, not just her's :o)


And these little sandals turned out far too girly (Emma is having a boy!) but maybe with the right outfit she can "boy them up" a bit?! 


These booties are part of a gift for another friend, Will, whose lovely wife Kim has just given birth to their first baby Arthur. I'm completely in love with them but they were hands down the fiddliest thing I've ever made! I love a knitting challenge though, and teaching myself new methods. The tuck stitch ridges were completely new to me and I had to do a little research to work out exactly what I was supposed to do. I think they were well worth the effort though...what do you think?

I can't wait to knit some gorgeous stuff for my little one once I know the sex! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE